A. JOB IDENTIFICATION
- Work location: HCM
- Salary: Negotiable
- Reports to: Relationship Sales Manager
B. JOB DESCRIPTION
Overall Role Purpose
Ensure sales revenue objectives are met through the management of skills and efforts of the Sales Force. Specific roles within management may entail direct or indirect sales management.
- Develop proposals for performance improvement work based on customers’ needs
- Operate as a lead consultant to manage and deliver customer-focused service offerings
Sales Manager Relationship Sales
- Assist the Sales Manager Relationship Sales in the development of customer strategies to secure competitor business in major and key account portfolios.
Country Sales Function
Perform regular co-visits/calls with members of the sales team to monitor development of skills and to identify further areas for training and development.
Country office (other departments)
- § Develop working relationship
- Actively support with Marketing function to implement Global, Regional and Country marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Work with Marketing function to implement margin improvement projects
- Provide the data accuracy of customer master file with CMF team
- Actively collect competitor’s pricing, marketing and service intelligence to counter threats
- Work with Finance function to reduce Days Outstanding for improving corporate cash flow and bad debt
- Work with Finance function to develop acceptable billing cycles and formats of customers
- Work with E-Com to install SPS on key customer’s sites
- Conduct customer visits responding to customer complains received by Customer Service function
Country Sales (other than Taiwan)
Spport the inquiry from other country for the service, communication, troubleshooting & sales support
- Increase time at POS through reducing/minimising “time stealers” and ensuring selling time is correctly allocated at POS between maintenance and unplanned maintenance plus new business development calls.
Sales Pipeline Management and Development
- Ensure all standard processes are completed in Sales Pipeline
Profit Margins Assurance
- Adhere to regional standards on profit margins and discount guidelines.
Sales Accounts Management & Development
Manage a rigorous follow-up process aimed at building relationships with board level directors and
- senior decision-makers
- Ensure country sales strategy is incorporated into all major targets set for the sales force.
- Monitor Account Executives utilisation of the Pipeline Forecast and ensuring that business from new and existing customers is successfully negotiated in a timely manner. (Tactical Checklist and Pipeline Forecast tools and methodology)
- Ensure all aspects of the GSP programme are well understood and implemented across all sales territories and that the regional objectives of both sales force effectiveness and efficiency improvement are achieved. As a result, the DHL offering will be truly differentiated through the industry leading professionalism that is delivered at point of sale.
- Ensure all regionally determined call targets are met by the Account Executives and all sales territories utilize an annual call cycle, which is reviewed quarterly and updated monthly.
Service Quality Assurance
Ensure all our client customers are serviced effectively by the sales force and that Up-Selling and Cross-Selling opportunities are identified and negotiations commenced. Each sales territory should include the Brick Wall and Relationship Balance Sheet methodology and improved targets must be continually sort.
People - Management
- Develop a high performance service culture within the functional department.
- Plan, organise and direct an efficient and effective functional department.
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Conduct performance appraisal: define training & development plans for all members of the sales team and ensure targets are achieved through regular assessment of their skills.
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Global, Regional and Country objectives and targets.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department.
Skills / Qualifications
- Communication skills, spoken and written (excellent)
Competency segment ‘Business’
Customer Orientation: Is focused on identifying and understanding each customer’s needs. Expresses and acts on desire to assist customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives.
Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and uses efficient work methods and tools.
Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
Competency segment ‘Leadership’
Developing People: Facilitates the development of others through personal involvement in coaching, mentoring and sponsorship. Creates an environment that fosters learning, growth and development to improve our client's capability to achieve the strategic vision.
Building and Leading Teams: Knows the talent* needs of the team. Attracts and develops the people who can meet those needs. Encourages effective cooperation among team members and between teams. Inspires team spirit and the commitment to achieve high standards of performance.
Competency segment ‘Personal’
Influencing: Persuades others of the value of an approach or idea. Gains commitment and support and gets others to willingly take action.
Communication: Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style, tools and mode to the needs of others. Listens attentively, and summarizes or asks questions, when needed, to clarify information.
Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results, striving for best in class. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.
Expected years of experience
- 5 years experience in sales and marketing preferably in the transportation or service industry. A progressive and proven track record of marketing and sales success.
- Experience of building a sales team.
- Experience of business consulting and project management techniques
- Experience of our client operations preferred
Degree in Business
Tran Phat Dat (Mr.)
Recruitment Consultant - SHD
Tel: (84-8) 3925 3121 -Ext: 403
Mobile : 0979 266 045