A. JOB IDENTIFICATION
- Work location: Ha Noi
- Salary: Negotiable
- Reports to: National Gateway Manager
B. JOB DESCRIPTION
Overall Role Purpose
Manage the Gateway(s) by planning and implementing strategies and tactics to ensure improvement in both service and transit time performance whilst managing costs.
- Develop initiatives and partnerships that will ensure our client provides market-leading Gateway service relative to our cost position.
National Gateway Manager
- Provide expertise in developing Gateway management and strategies to be consistent with ground operations strategies
Suppliers, Contractors and Vendors:
Liaise to utilise any needed resources and support eventually to gain competitive edges in terms of costs and services
Country Management Team
- Obtain any support needed from country SMTs and update any progress on primary GW initiatives
Regional Operations Team
- Liaise in the development of country GW strategies, ensure understanding of vision and mission
Network Gateways and Hubs
- Liaise in operations including export/import and transit, develop GW contingency plans
Gateway Operations Management
- Develop the Gateway component of Annual Operating plans in tandem with the Regional strategies and ensure implementation of the plan.
- Maintain and drive a high our client profile often within a difficult regulatory environment.
- Perform management tasks with due regard to budgetary targets, service/ productivity levels and cost controls.
- Ensure that our client meets/improves upon its Gateway Customs, regulatory and environmental obligations while actively leading initiatives to remove trade impediments.
- Ensure the country Gateways are managed within cost targets and seek means by which to manage costs whilst maintaining / improving service and productivity levels.
Innovation and expansion
- § Support the business acquisition process and provide after sales support in order to achieve revenue and profitability targets
- Plan and implement Gateway facilities, equipment and infrastructure in accordance with regional guidelines and local requirements.
- Implement Gateway projects to address regional and network imperatives and programmes
- Ensure Gateway operational practices and procedures are compliant with regional and network operation policies.
Ensure alignment with regional and local needs
- Oversee Gateway Security practices to ensure policies and business needs are met.
Gateway Team Management
- Ensure employees in Gateways are trained and developed to meet business and succession needs and ensure that adequate manpower is planned and in place, in conjunction with Human Resources and Line Trainers
- Ensure that our client meets/improves upon its GW Customs, regulatory and environmental obligations while actively leading initiatives to remove trade impediments
Support the business acquisition process and provide after sales support as required in order to achieve revenue and profitability targets
People - Management
- Determine organization structure, roles and responsibility and performance targets for the function
- Develop a culture of quality, service excellence (for internal customers), flexibility and cost consciousness.
- Develop a team spirit and multitasking capabilities within the team.
- Plan, organise and direct an efficient and effective function.
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Conduct performance appraisal, including coaching
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Global, Regional and Country objectives and targets.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department
Skills / Qualifications
Communication skills (English), spoken and written
Competency segment ‘Business
Customer Orientation: Is focused on identifying and understanding each customer’s needs. Expresses and acts on desire to assist customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
Business Acumen: Understands business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Uses this understanding to achieve results and to increase the performance and profitability of our company.
Cross Border Thinking: Has a holistic mindset and stays abreast of important trends that may affect our competitiveness as a group. Manages the business, giving priority to the international position of our company.
Competency segment ‘Leadership’
Shaping Direction: Develops and communicates strategies and goals that achieve competitive advantage. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the organisation’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Constructive Challenge: Contributes to an environment where people at all levels stand up for their ideas and where the status quo can always be challenged for the better.
Building and Leading Teams: Knows the talent* needs of the team. Attracts and develops the people who can meet those needs. Encourages effective cooperation among team members and between teams. Inspires team spirit and the commitment to achieve high standards of performance.
Competency segment ‘Personal’
Building and Managing Partnerships: interpersonal styles to create and sustain effective relationships with business partners (e.g. suppliers, joint venture partners, industry groups, competitors, governments, unions) and
colleagues. Is open to approaches that meet mutual goals.
Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results striving for best-in-class. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.
Expected years of experience
- 3-5 years management experience in a service related role, preferably in the Air Express Industry
- Experience in implementing change
- Experience of the local regulatory environment
Tran Phat Dat (Mr.)
Recruitment Consultant - SHD
Tel: (84-8) 3925 3121 -Ext: 403
Mobile : 0979 266 045